JUVÉDERM® is the #1 doctor-recommended facial filler and has undergone extensive clinical testing. Your healthcare practitioner will ask about your medical history to determine if JUVÉDERM® products are appropriate for you.
Tell your healthcare practitioner if you have:
- Severe allergies with a history of anaphylaxis, multiple severe allergies, allergies to hyaluronic acid or other filler products, or allergies to lidocaine or other local anesthetics.
- A history of autoimmune disease, recurrent sore throats, rheumatic fever, epilepsy, or porphyria.
The following are important treatment considerations for you to discuss with your healthcare practitioner before treatment in order to help avoid unsatisfactory results and complications:
- You are currently taking medications which prolong bleeding, such as acetylsalicylic acid (aspirin), non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or anticoagulants – as with any injection, you may experience prolonged bleeding. You should inform your healthcare practitioner about any medications you are currently taking.
- You have recently had other skin surface treatments (such as laser treatment, skin peels or dermabrasion) or have previously used fillers.
- You have skin infections or inflammation such as acne or cold sores.
- You scar frequently.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding, or you are under the age of 18 years, as the safety of JUVÉDERM® products has not been established for that age.
Potential side effects associated with JUVÉDERM® products include temporary injection-site reactions such as redness, swelling, itching, pain, firmness, bumps, bruising, and discolouration. These reactions may occur immediately or may be delayed and may last for up to a week. Injections in the lips may cause more swelling and bruising due to the unique physiology of this area. As with any injection, there is a risk of infection. This is not a complete list of side effects. If inflammatory reactions persist for more than one week, or if any other side effects develop, seek medical attention as soon as possible.